Big Wheel is probably the simplest of casino games to play. It is sometimes known as the Wheel of Fortune and has been around for a long time. It is credited as being an old Carnival game which may be true. Certainly in some of the earlier Western films you could often see a wheel in the Saloon. These days you can usually find a wheel in a Casino and usually near the exit to encourage you to take your final gamble before leaving. On line Casinos sometimes have them for a simple form of gambling.
The equipment for Big Wheel comprises a large wheel of at least 1.5 metres diameter with 52 equally spaced and sized segments. There will also be a table in front of the wheel with areas for placing bets.
The 52 segments of the wheel will be marked with numbers or letters or symbols of some sort. There will be 7 different numbers/letters or symbols and the table for betting will have the same 7 numbers/letters or symbols.
The 52 segments will be marked as follows:
24 Segments will have the first of the 7 numbers/letters/symbols
12 Segments will have the second of the numbers/letters/symbols
8 Segments will have the third of the numbers/letters/symbols
4 Segments will have the fourth of the 7 numbers/letters/symbols
2 Segments will have the fifth of the 7 numbers/letters/symbols
1 Segment will have the sixth of the 7 numbers/letters/symbols
1 Segment have the last of the 7 numbers/letters/symbols
Each Casino has its own graphics and methods of placing bets so we recommend that you read the instructions for the particular casino in which you wish to play. The basic principles however remain the same. Most Casinos have a “Free Play” option that will enable you to practise placing bets.
First select the stake that you wish your chips to represent, then place your chip or chips on the table in the segments that you think will represent the result of the wheel spin.
When you have placed your bet you usually have to click on “Spin” or “play”, the wheel will spin and the winning number will be indicated by the segment in which the indicator at the top of the wheel stops. If your bet was placed on the table in the segment corresponding to the winning segment on the wheel you win.
The 7 different numbers/letters/symbols will pay out at different odds:
• The first number/letter/symbol of which there are 24 segments on the wheel pays out at 1:1
• The second number/letter/symbol of which there are 12 segments on the wheel pays out at 3:1
• The third number/letter/symbol of which there are 8 segments on the wheel pays out at 5:1
• The fourth number/letter/symbol of which there are 4 segments on the wheel pays out at 11:1
• The fifth number/letter/symbol of which there are 2 segments on the wheel pays out at 23:1
• The sixth number/letter/symbol of which there is 1 segment on the wheel pays out at 47:1
• The seventh number/letter/symbol of which there is 1 segment on the wheel pays out at 47:1
As we said in the beginning this is a very simple game that requires no skill just good fortune. Give it a go and see.
The Best of Luck